Monday, October 29, 2012

Character Spotlight: Jonas

So, since I've already showed her in another post, I figured it'd be alright to go ahead and talk about her. Jonas is a deity whom I base loosely on a Catholic Mary. In my mind, she's the original goddess other religions across the universe base their primary religious figure off of. I don't have a ton of history for Jonas, except that she is a main disciple figure for some higher power, who sits at his right hand and serves as the catalyst for many important religious lessons.

At one point, I thought of making her similar to Isis or Nu Wa, who are the mothers to the human race. I'm not going to say why I didn't use that angle--it comes up later in the story.

In the first page I had a lot of fun destroying the temple, but wanted to make sure the statue of Jonas was mostly untouched. There is a reverence about her in the culture--or perhaps just a fear--that when there is war, her alters are left out of respect. Like I said, religion doesn't play a huge role in the story, but it's important to have a little background. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment