Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Borders, perspective, and roughs, oh my!

So tonight I have officially finished doing all my panel borders for issue one. I'm trying something a little different--all of my open projects include experimenting with process--and doing things in steps for the entire issue. I've removed 34 pages, added 34 14x21 borders, and as of tonight, I've finished 31 pages of panel borders.

Well, that doesn't sound very exciting. Where's the real progress?

No, it isn't very exciting, but it is progress. Each page of panel borders takes about five minutes, and I get very easily distracted on them...It's taken about a week to get them all done between sickness, soreness, and working on anything but panel borders.

The next step is adding perspective lines. But don't worry. My to-do list has other takes interjected between the boring stuff. So, now that I'm done with panel borders, I plan to try to finish panel 1 of page 2 and get started on the next 13.75 pages worth of perspective. If drawing boxes and drawing people are two different parts of your brain, I will know by the end of this project for sure!

See you tomorrow with another inspirational message.

No comments:

Post a Comment